Plan Performance evaluates the progress made toward achieving the IRWM Plan goals and objectives. Progress toward meeting Plan objectives is directly tied to the implementation of projects. The implementation of projects, along with associated monitoring data, will be tracked using the Central Coast Action Tracker and existing database systems developed by statewide efforts. Below is a list of the goal categories included in the IRWM Plan. The full text of the goals and objectives is available at this link.
- Improve water supply reliability and protect groundwater and surface water supplies.
- Protect and improve surface, groundwater, estuarine, and coastal water quality, and ensure the provision of high-quality, potable, affordable drinking water for all communities in the region.
FLOOD PROTECTION AND FLOODPLAIN MANAGEMENT
- Develop, fund, and implement integrated watershed approaches to flood management through collaborative and community supported processes.
- Protect, enhance, and restore the region’s ecological resources while respecting the rights of private property owners.
REGIONAL COMMUNICATION AND COOPERATION
- Promote regional communication, cooperation, and education regarding water resource management.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality, potable, affordable water and healthy conditions for disadvantaged communities (DACs).
- Adapt the region’s water management approach to deal with impacts of climate change using science-based approaches, and minimize the regional causal effects.